The Alberta Utilities Commission is considering an application from AltaLink Management Ltd., requesting approval of its 2019-2021 general tariff application. As a regulated transmission utility, the AUC reviews the rates AltaLink Management Ltd. charges for electric transmission service that are allocated to the retail customers and applied to both regulated and non-regulated retail electricity bills.
In its application, AltaLink Management Ltd. is applying for:
- a 2019 revenue requirement of $884.6 million.
- a 2020 revenue requirement of $886.7 million.
- a 2021 revenue requirement of $888.7 million.
- approval to change its salvage cost recovery methodology and requests approval of a new Net Salvage reserve account for 2019-2021.
- a proposed refunding of accumulated depreciation surplus of approximately $31.2 million over 2019-2021.
- an approximate $90 million per year of rate reduction related to the change from the future income tax method to the flow-through method.
AltaLink Management Ltd. is additionally applying for approval to continue with the following previously approved deferral and reserve accounts:
- taxes other than income taxes
- annual structure payments
- direct assign capital
- iternational financial reporting standards
- hearing costs
- injuries and damages
- post-retirement benefits plan liability
Accessing proceeding documents
The eFiling System should be accessed to view the applications and the other documents the AUC will be considering in this proceeding. The system is also used to file submissions and evidence to participate in the proceeding.
To create an account, select "New account" and follow the steps to create a user ID and password. If you have any questions about how to use the system please contact us at
Documents being considered in this proceeding can be found in the eFiling System (which requires log in). Once you have logged in, enter 23848 in the "go to" section at the top left corner of your screen.