Last updated: December 28, 2017
The ATCO Gas natural gas settlement system code documents standards and business processes for determining and communicating settlement results and other market transactions between ATCO Gas and gas retailers, similar to Rule 021:
Settlement System Code Rules for the electricity market. Interested parties worked with AUC staff in the drafting of the new AUC rule.The AUC uses a consultative process to resolve settlement issues raised by stakeholders. An outcome from resolving these issues might be changes being made to Rule 028. Many of the issues are similar to the ones raised on the electricity market under Rule 021:
Settlement System Code Rules. Consequently the rule change cycle for Rule 028 will be identical with that of Rule 021 in order to facilitate business process efficiencies within the two markets. The schedule will be as follows:
1. January 1 to June 30:
a. Form sub-working groups to deal with specific issues, if required. b. Sub-working groups to provide recommendations and/or resolutions to those identified issues. c. Settlement working group to review recommendations.
2. July 1 to September 30: a. AUC to draft proposed changes based on recommendations. b. Circulate among settlement working group members for review.
3. October 1 to 15: a. Posting proposed rule changes on AUC’s web for stakeholder comment.
4. October 16 to 31: a. AUC to respond stakeholders’ comments. b. Posting AUC responses.
5. November 1 to 30: (AUC internal) a. Present proposed changes to AUC Commission members.
b. Respond to Commission members’ questions. c. Seeking final approval from Commission members.
6. By December 15: a. Posting complete Rule 028, with proposed changes. b. Rule effective the following January.
December 4, 2017
The AUC issued Bulletin 2017-10 to announce proposed revisions to
Natural Gas Settlement System Code Rules, and Rule 021:
Settlement System Code Rules, and to invite interested parties to provide written comments.
Bulletin 2017-10 Stakeholder comment table for proposed changes to Rule 028 Draft Rule 028: Natural Gas Settlement System Code Rules (blackline)
December 28, 2017
The Commission approved changes to Rule 028: Natural Gas Settlement System Code Rules on December 21, 2017. The following documents are related to the release of the current version (version 1.6) of Rule 028:
Bulletin 2017-14Rule 028 (clean)Rule 028 (blackline)