The Alberta Utilities Commission invites interested parties to participate in the review and implementation of amendments to Rule 005 - Annual Reporting Requirements of Financial and Operational Results.
The objective of these amendments is to require providers of regulated rate tariff (RRT) service and default rate tariff (DRT) service to file with the Commission a separate set of schedules. The affected providers are AltaGas Utilities Inc., EPCOR Energy Alberta Inc., ENMAX Energy Corporation and Direct Energy Regulated Services.
The current Rule 005 reporting schedules were initially developed to report regulated distribution and transmission utility (both gas and electric) results under a cost-of-service model that relies on a rate base rate-of-return approach. The majority of the approved return for regulated rate providers and default supply providers is currently linked to energy sales and/or non-energy costs with a small portion of approved return (mainly working capital) determined using the traditional rate base rate-of-return approach.
The required amendments to Rule 005 include replacing the existing revenue requirement schedule with an income statement-type schedule, omitting several non-applicable schedules and other minor format changes.
Distribution and transmission utilities, both gas and electric will continue to use the existing Rule 005 reporting schedules, as applicable.
Any questions relating to this consultation should be directed to Silvia Danchuk at firstname.lastname@example.org
Rule 005 stakeholder consultation information is listed as follows:
February 22, 2011:
1. Bulletin 2011-08
2. Final public comment matrix for Bulletin 2011-01
3. Final Rule 005
4. Final schedules for regulated rate providers
5. Final schedules for default supply providers
January 5, 2011:
1. Bulletin 2011-01
2. Comment matrix for Bulletin 2011-01
3. Draft Rule 005
4. Draft schedules for regulated rate providers
5. Draft schedules for default supply providers
6. Participant comment matrix for September 8, 2010 update
September 8, 2010
1. Email dated September 8, 2010: Rule 005 RRT/DRT provider amendments update
June 9, 2010
1. June 9, 2010 meeting minutes
April 28, 2010
1. April 28, 2010 meeting minutes
2. Project charter
April 16, 2010
1. Letter to participants dated April 16, 2010
April 8, 2010:
1. Bulletin 2010-14
2. Draft (for discussion) RRT Schedules for Rule 005
3. Draft (for discussion) DRT Schedules for Rule 005
4. Comparative Matrix of existing schedules to the draft schedules